Experienced MAV Education Consultants have been supporting schools for over 40 years. Support for both primary and secondary schools is tailored to individual needs.
MAV 3P’s approach underpins our consulting, focusing on Pedagogy, Planning and Practice to lead change in teaching and learning in mathematics classrooms. We work from school leadership down to individual teachers, and support everything in between.
Contact us for more information:
Our experienced team of Mathematics Education Consultants can design a professional learning package to meet your school’s needs.
This may entail:
- modeled mathematics teaching,
- whole staff professional learning meetings,
- supporting professional learning teams, or
- work with a cluster of schools within a region.
MAV Education consultants can visit your school weekly, fortnightly or monthly and guide you through each step of the way. This is a brilliant way to achieve rapid improvement in mathematics teaching and learning across your school.
We can explore
- Organising a differentiated classroom
- Resourcing the Victorian Curriculum
- Effective use of technology and Apps
- Focus on specific content areas (ie teaching fractions, geometry etc)
- Practical activities for building the Victorian Curriclum proficiencies
- Victorian Curriculum and reporting
- Teach Maths for Understanding
- Mathematics and the inquiry classroom
- Building teachers’ mathematics teaching capacity
- Using student data to achieve sustainable improvement
- Engagement in the classroom
- Assessment for learning
- How students learn mathematics
- Errors and misconceptions in mathematics learning
If you are interested in discussing your schools mathematical learning needs, please contact: